(continued from Single-Servo Mount page)
4. Remove the servo horn. Place the horn’s flat side to the inside of one end of a joint pivot bracket. Using four 5/16" SHCSs, attach the horn to
the pivot bracket and secure it with kep nuts (Figure 4). The kep nuts should be on the outside of the bracket. Set aside the servo horn screw.
TETRIX® Tip: Servos
When determining the placement of servos for pivots, always check the servo’s range of motion. The TETRIX® servos can pivot 180°.
TETRIX Tip: Pivot Bearing
This diagram illustrates how to put a pivot bearing into a pivot and servo bracket.
5. Find the pivot bearing, screw, nut, and washer that come with the pivot bracket. Place the bearing
flange-side down on a flat surface. Place the side of the pivot bracket opposite the horn over the bearing and align the bracket hole to it (Figure 5a). Press down firmly to pop the bearing into the bracket hole (Figure 5b).
6. Place the bearing screw through the bearing from the outside of the pivot bracket. Insert the screw into the back of the motor bracket (Figure 6). Secure the pieces together with the washer and nut – but do not overtighten.
7. Place the servo into the motor bracket, stretching the unattached side of the pivot bracket so the horn fits into the servo’s motor shaft. Secure the servo to the motor bracket with 3/8" BHCSs (Figure 7).
8. Adjust the servo’s range of motion as needed. Thread the servo horn screw through the pivot bracket and horn and secure to the servo.